Uncovering Hidden Assets In Divorce
When a marriage ends in divorce, assets and property obtained during the marriage are subject to division between the spouses. Before property is equitably divided, however, it must be accurately identified and valued. When one spouse attempts to hide assets for the purposes of keeping them out of a divorce settlement, it adds significant complexity to the divorce process.
Mark F. Haslem, PC, is equipped to handle such matters and can protect your right to a fair share of the marital estate. We handle complex, high-asset divorce matters for clients in Grand Rapids and throughout Michigan.
Is Your Spouse Hiding Assets?
Some red flags that may signal that your spouse is hiding assets in divorce include:
- The balances of your joint accounts, including checking, savings and brokerage accounts, are surprisingly low.
- Your spouse has requested online account statements and withheld access from you.
- Your mail deliveries include statements from banks, brokerage firms, accounting offices and other companies you do not recognize.
- Your spouse is having mail delivered to a separate post office box.
- You hear through word of mouth or social media that your spouse has taken an expensive vacation or bought a luxury item and did not tell you.
- Your spouse seems defensive or evasive when you ask him or her about financial matters.
If you suspect your spouse is hiding assets, our attorneys can evaluate the situation to determine if your suspicions are warranted. If so, we are prepared to take aggressive legal action on your behalf. We have access to an elite network of experts, including forensic accountants who know how to uncover hidden wealth and assets.
Likewise, if you have been wrongly accused of hiding assets, we can protect your rights and your reputation in divorce proceedings.
In either situation, the outcome of this matter will have a significant impact on your financial future. Our divorce lawyers will handle it with the care and attention to detail it requires.
Contact Us For Experienced Divorce Representation
To arrange a confidential consultation with an experienced divorce lawyer in Grand Rapids, contact our law offices online or by telephone at 616-369-7431.